Hi there! Being part of a close-knit community has taught us (the Swansons and Fernstroms) how valuable it is to have a good support network of people you trust and love surrounding you, especially when you’re faced with a crisis like the one we’re currently in.
We also recognize how lucky we are to live in such a community and how many people around the world don’t have the same advantages. That’s why we’ve decided to launch this challenge and join a community of Save the Children supporters helping at-risk families around the country and across the globe stay healthy and safe.
So, this Mother’s Day, in honor of mothers around the world working hard to take care of their families and on behalf of the most vulnerable among them, we invite you to lace up your sneakers and start counting your steps. Our challenge is simple: the person with the most steps wins! (Spoiler alert: the prize is a VISA gift card.)
All you have to do is:
1. Sign up to participate by clicking the button above (and donate as little or as much as you'd like).
2. On May 10th, track as many steps as you possibly can for a good cause! (You can use a Fitbit, Apple watch or step tracker on your phone).
3. At the end of the day, please screenshot us your total.
In addition to getting a workout in (and hopefully spending some quality time with your mom), you’ll also be supporting the world’s most vulnerable families devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thanks so much for teaming up with us to #StandWithSave!
P.S. In case you’re wondering how far your donation can go…
- $50 can keep 10 out-of-school children from going hungry during a pandemic
- $150 can provide 75 face masks to protect health workers on the front lines of COVID-19
- $200 can equip 40 frontline health workers with protective medical gowns